EASY PINEAPPLE RASAM

April 19, 2021

 EASY PINEAPPLE RASAM



Rasam is my comfort food. When I am given a tangy, tasty, and flavourful rasam with some rice that's heaven for me. I don't even need anything to go with it. I just love rasam. If I want to treat myself all I need some perfect rasam, that's all. If I love rasam this much then definitely am available with a handful of rasam varieties for sure, is it not obvious. Yes, I have a long list of rasam recipes. I know you might also have one.

In fact, I can even make a series of rasam recipes. The beauty of my list will the ingredients. Because to make any variety of rasam the ingredients will be almost the same. Just when and we are adding those ingredients makes the difference. And the taste will be completely different. Even if you make each variety per day, you can keep making a new variety each time and you won't be bored with them(Only if you love to eat rasam). And to talk about my family's choice. They are my partners for sure. Every one of us loves rasam. 

When I was young I remembered a period of time when I only prefer to have rasam for every single meal. Like from dosa, Idly to Upma. All I wanted was rasam(That might work even now also😉). I guess sometime soon my kids may also reach that stage😂. And my husband is one step ahead he would love to have a cup of boiling rasam just the second once it's ready ( Everyone in his family does that all the time). This pineapple rasam is the top of his favorites in my cooking.

When I first prepared this pineapple rasam I was preparing it every single day continuously at least for 10 days. He kept buying them and I kept preparing them. What is more interesting is I never learned this recipe from anywhere and I had tasted it only once in my life that too was quite a lot of years back. I just prepared it with some assumptions and it really turned out well. I am an expert now in preparing pineapple rasam😎.

As you may guess the recipe is really simple and there are no special ingredients needed except for fresh pineapples. The measurements I have given below will be enough for 3 adults(Or 2adults + 2Children), kindly adjust the measurements as per your requirements. And according to your liking, you can adjust the quantity of pineapple in this recipe. So let's check out the recipe,

INGREDIENTS:

1. Pineapple                        -1/2cup.
2. Tomato                             -1no.
3. Green chili                       -2-3.
4. Jeera and Pepper          -1tsp.
5. Turmeric                          -1/2tsp.
6. Hing                                   -1/2tsp.
7. Tamarind                        -a lemon size.
8. Toor dhal(cooked)       -1 ladle.
9. Salt                                    -as per taste.
10. Oil                                    -1tsp.
11. Mustard                        -1/2tsp.
12. Jeera                              -1/4tsp.

METHOD:

1. Cook some toor dhal in a pressure cooker and keep it aside. And in a mixie jar add some pineapple pieces and grind them to a smooth paste. And soak the tamarind in warm water.
2. In a wide pan add some oil and heat it, once it is hot add mustard and jeera. 
3. After the mustard crackled add tomato and green chili. Saute them for a minute.
4. Then add turmeric, hing, salt and, Jeera- Pepper powder and mix them all together.
5. Once the raw smell of the ingredients gone add tamarind extract and let it boil.
6. After the raw smell of the tamarind is gone and every other ingredient got together add cooked toor dhal with enough water for the rasam. Keep the stove at a simmer until it gets to boil and forms foams
on top.
7. It's time for the key ingredient of the recipe, the blend pineapples. While the rasam is boiling add the pineapple juice to it and mix well and a minute later add some fresh coriander leaves and switch it off by covering it with a lid.
8. Our tasty, aromatic Pineapple Rasam is ready. Serve it with some white rice and any roasted veggies like Potato. Enjoy with your family.

METHOD WITH PICTURES:

1. Cook some toor dhal in a pressure cooker and keep it aside. And in a mixie jar add some pineapple pieces and grind them to a smooth paste. And soak the tamarind in warm water.
2. In a wide pan add some oil and heat it, once it is hot add mustard and jeera. 


3. After the mustard crackled add tomato and green chili. Saute them for a minute.


4. Then add turmeric, hing, salt and, Jeera- Pepper powder and mix them all together.


5. Once the raw smell of the ingredients gone add tamarind extract and let it boil.

 


6. After the raw smell of the tamarind is gone and every other ingredient got together add cooked toor dhal with enough water for the rasam. Keep the stove at a simmer until it gets to boil and forms foams
on top.

 


7. It's time for the key ingredient of the recipe, the blend pineapples. While the rasam is boiling add the pineapple juice to it and mix well and a minute later add some fresh coriander leaves and switch it off by covering it with a lid. 

 


8. Our tasty, aromatic Pineapple Rasam is ready. Serve it with some white rice and any roasted veggies like Potato. Enjoy with your family.



    I hope, this recipe came out well for you as well. So let me know your experience and thoughts in the comment section. Until next time, "Stay Positive and Keep Smiling😀".

Fun Facts on Pineapples:


1. Only one pineapple is produced by a plant per season. And a pineapple plant can live and produce pineapples for up to 50years. So that's 50 pineapples in total😉.
2. Actually you can grow a pineapple plant by slicing off the top of a pineapple and planting it in soil. But you may have to wait for 3years at least to get a fruit from it though. That's a lot of waiting😇.

Here is my Paruppu Rasam recipe.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow!! I can sense the taste buds calling for thz rasam! 😍 Thez Fun Facts are amazing & Interesting dear!!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook